Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Introduction

My blog topic is about Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, as well as what is mentally required to be able to sustain the stressful situations or experiences that may occur on the job as a police officer. I’m interested in this particular topic because I plan on pursuing a career in Law Enforcement and would like to be prepared for what I may encounter out on the street or dealing with certain individuals. What makes my blog interesting is that I decided to review the psychological aspect of what officers go through without implementing any bias that one may have towards law enforcement due to their own experiences, but instead approached it with a neutral point of view which enabled me to understand it substantially better. My theory is that you should always comprehend both sides of the gate before you jump to conclusions or make irrational decisions before even understanding the other party’s point of view. So with that said, I hope whoever reads my blog, whether or not they are planning on having a career in Criminal Justice, appreciates the work I’ve done and have formulated into something enjoyable to read as well as informative and allows the reader to truly grasp the message I’m trying to elucidate.

3 comments:

  1. well said good sir. everyone is entitled to there own opinion of law enforcement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the public always realized how mentally stressful a job in law enforcement can be. I am not speaking from experience, but I have been close to a few people in my life who serve the justice system and are faced with everyday confrontations. They see a situation from a totally different side and it's always interesting when our point of views don't match. Individuals in law enforcement are trained to react a certain way in situations because it's their job. I think it takes a strong mind to not let the outcome of their job effect their personal life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great that you took the time to research and gain knowledge about the career you intend to pursue. Many men and women join the academy without knowing what they are in for. Those in law enforcement are exposed to extreme situations on a daily basis; therefore, they need to be mentally strong to handle these situations. People are quick to judge police officers, but they fail to realize how difficult their job can be.

    ReplyDelete